Projectors have long been marketed towards movie watchers who want the “home theater experience”. Most recently, thanks to the advancements in the projection technology, with projectors getting brighter and better and with the incorporation of streaming services, TV series bingers, sports fanatics and gamers have also started using projectors to enjoy their favorite content on a big screen.
The main benefits of a projector vs. a TV can be summarized by the following:
Portability – you can easily move a projector around from room to room (imagine something of the size of a six-pack).
Picture size – you can easily get a picture four times the size of a regular TV, and even larger. And you can also go smaller; basically you have the entire range to play with.
Surface flexibility – you can shine a projector on different surfaces such as a wall, the floor, the ceiling, or even a person, a doorway or a 3D object such as a couch; this is something you cannot do with a TV. You are not locked into one spot.
We’ve successfully tapped into the TV markets (movie & series watchers, sports fans and gamers) and are looking to use the projector technology to access a new and unique market in an interactive and social way. Technology being used for social enhancement is no new concept. Think of karaoke singing and online gaming, and now with the surge of video calling, fitness sessions, business meetings, education and parties of all kinds are possible. These experiences can be in-person, remote or a blend of both, it is just a matter of playing with imagination.
What we want to know is what is a new, non-traditional experience we can explore/provide as a projector company that allows users to interact with others (even animals)?
- What is a new, non-traditional experience we can provide as a projector company that allows users to interact with others?
- Think outside the box! We’re looking for non-traditional ways to use a projector that haven’t been done before. This could be a new party trick, interaction with pets, decorative application, use of AI, etc.
- Keep in mind: The picture from a projector is enhanced as the space becomes darker!
- In what social scenario would your idea be used (ex. “a Super Bowl party”) and what kind of surface(s) would it be projected on?
- What is the perfect environment for your idea? (space: indoor, outdoor, backyard, campsite, bedroom, living room, court, building, structure, etc. | participants: large group, small group, remotely, etc.)
- (OPTIONAL) If it would enhance your submission, feel free to include an artistic rendering (sketch, mockup, design, etc.) to demonstrate your idea.
Submissions will be graded on the following criteria:
- 1-10 Scale