TBS, TNT, and truTV are teaming up with Tongal to develop fresh, creative stories for short-form digital pilots conjured up for and by Black Creators – your words, your ideas, your characters, and your experiences, to share with audiences worldwide. While TBS is known for episodic comedy and sports, TNT is the home of drama, and truTV is all about comedy, the three networks are partnering on a new digital platform launching September 6 that will encompass all genres and show formats. And they’re looking for fresh new short-form pilots from Black Creators to help kick things off. So let’s make the pilot that you would want to watch.
If you’ve got an idea for an unforgettable 3-5 minute digital pilot, in any genre and any medium, we want to hear from YOU. That means scripted or unscripted, live-action or animated, horror, sitcom, docu-style, talk show, hybrid production, cooking show, and anything and everything in between are all on the table. This is a chance for you to take that idea that’s been rolling around in the back of your head and get it out into the world. Together, we’ll develop your idea into a full pitch and help produce your pilot episode with the ultimate goal of getting greenlit for a 6-8 episode digital series.
Please note that this project will be split into THREE Phases, each designed to identify, then develop, and finally create your Pilots. We’re outlining these in more detail in the Submission Requirements, but here’s a quick breakdown:
- Phase 1: Pitch Proposals (OPEN TO EVERYONE) September 13–October 1
- Phase 2: Full Pitch Development (OPEN TO EVERYONE) October 8–October 26
- Phase 3: Pilot Production (OPEN TO TWO GREENLIT PITCHES) November 2–February 3, 2022
HERE’S WHAT ELSE YOU NEED TO KNOW:
- Your Pitch Proposal is your chance to let us know that you’re interested and that you have a great idea for a digital pilot. You’ll be asked to introduce yourself, your pilot, and share links to your relevant past work.
- Six Pitch Proposals will get the greenlight and their Creators will advance to the Pitch Phase and receive $750 in funding to help put together a full pitch, including a Pilot Logline, Pilot Bible, Pilot Bid and Budget, and links to your relevant previous work.
- Missed the Pitch Proposal Phase, or didn’t get selected? You can still submit a full pitch in the Pitch Phase starting September 24. All Pitches will be given the same consideration regardless of whether they were advanced from the Pitch Proposal Phase. See more info in the Submission Requirements section.
- The Sponsor will evaluate all Pitches and select two Creators to move forward to produce a Pilot.
- If your Pitch is not selected as a winner, all rights will revert back to you six (6) months after the project closes. See the Project Rules for more information.
- Your Pitch must be original and of your own creation.
- All styles and mediums are on the table – live-action, papercraft, even fully-animated 2D or 3D animation if you can make it work.
- Similarly, we’re open to all genres and formats: comedy, horror, kids shows, drama, documentary, reviews or unboxings, cooking shows, talk show formats, etc.
- Your pilot should fit into a 6-8 episode series run with episodes in the ~3-5 minute range, although if you want to run longer than that, we’re open to it. Your show can be episodic, or serialized.
- Your 3-5 minute Pilot should be up to $15,000.
So, pitch us already! We want to get your show out there. For any questions or other project updates, check out the Project Forum.
To enter your Pitch Proposal submission, you must:
- Be 13 years or older
- Log-in to, or create a Tongal Account
- Upload your Pitch Proposal submission to Tongal through the “Submissions” tab of the project page (above)
- Fill out the required information on the Submission Form and click the “Submit Pitch Proposal” button
Awards:- $4,500 + Pilot Funding
Take this challenge