With the motto “Your History has Design”, the Salão Award Design, promoted by the Furniture Industry Union of Bento Gonçalves (RS), launches the campaign for its 24th edition.
The 2022 Salão Design Award is only open for furniture projects, with no categories for accessories and lighting.
The award is open to students and design professionals and related areas, with a total of R$ 80,000 in prizes in these two modalities, in addition to honorable mentions that can be designated by the judges.
The award ceremony and product show of the Salão Design 2022 Award will take place at Movelsul Brasil, in March 2022, in Bento Gonçalves.
The winners also participate in another exhibition next year, during the São Paulo Design Weekend.
Salão Design is the Brazilian furniture design award, promoted since 1988 by the Furniture Industry Union of Bento Gonçalves (Sindmóveis). The initiative was born in Serra Gaúcha, in the largest furniture hub in the country, as an inducer of innovation and a competitiveness tool for the furniture industry. In addition to a showcase of trends and talents, the Salão Design Award is part of shaping the identity of Brazilian and Latin American design.
The Award’s objectives are:
- To encourage creativity, entrepreneurship and technological innovation through design
- To enhance the skills and talent of professionals, students, manufacturing companies and retailers of the sector through different kinds of awards
- To encourage the use of design to add value to products in order to improve their competitiveness in the global market
Please visit the official website for further details.
- Professional: R$ 140 (one hundred and forty reais)
- Student: R$ 70 (seventy reais)
- Additional entries: R$ 35 (thirty-five reais) per project
- Registration fee for the two classes: US$ 35 (thirty-five dollars)
- Additional entries: US$ 15 (fifteen dollars) per project