The world’s electricity consumption was 24,739 terawatt hours in 2018; a 127% increase from 1990 (https://www.iea.org/world). The pressure to responsibly produce the energy the world requires in an environmentally conscious way is greater than ever. Considering the amount of the world’s energy supply that is still derived by environmentally harmful methods, change cannot come soon enough. Ultimately, innovative, and unique concepts related to clean, sustainable, and accessible energy are the solution. STEAM at Siemens Energy invites you to participate in this competition to make a change.
Some examples of clever solutions to energy waste and sustainability include:
- Turbines fueled by fast-food reclaimed grease
- Solar panel roofing or household windows
- Harnessing power from tidal wave motion
We want to hear your innovative clean energy solution!
Design a unique solution that solves a problem related to clean, sustainable, and accessible energy. Specifically, address the following:
- What is your unique solution for accessing clean, sustainable energy?
- What about your solution will eliminate wasted energy?
- Explain how your solution is feasible, scalable, and safe.
- Attached Judging Rubric
Awards:- The top ten winners of this competition will receive $1,000 each!