For this challenge, we are specifically interested in learning from current and future workers in finance-related roles. We are looking for diverse perspectives, so we welcome inputs and voices from all industries as long as your current / future role is finance related!
In the last couple of years, employees in finance roles (roles within a finance function at any company in any industry) have experienced rapid transformation in many areas. The pace of new technologies, digital solutions, and workplace trends has only increased during the pandemic as we have all had to adjust to a new “normal” brought on by Covid-19.
Given all the change that has occurred in the last 18 months, we want to know how it has affected your preferences, expectations, hopes, and needs in the workplace.
Please answer the following questions:
1) As a young professional or someone looking to become a professional, how do you feel about embarking on a career path in the finance function (i.e. accounting, financial planning, tax, etc.)?
2) What things are most important to you when selecting your next career role?
3) Given the changes from the past 18 months, what skills do you think you will need in order to remain competitive?
- Are you confident in your current ability to adopt and master these new skills? Why/why not?
4) What do you need in your workplace to feel:
- Motivated to stay in your current role
- 1-10 Scale