It is forecasted that the need for IT professionals will continue to rapidly grow as technology continues to evolve at such incredible rates. IT jobs are in high demand particularly within non-tech sectors such as professional services, manufacturing, and financial services industries among others, and IT roles in these sectors are more accessible making them high potential career path entry-points.
Advance your information technology (IT) skill set by completing Western Governors University’s (WGU) MicroBachelors IT Career Framework program certificate. Designed for IT practitioners, educators, and business professionals, this program introduces IT infrastructure concepts and services to support the operation and management of an enterprise environment.
Throughout the MicroBachelors program certificate, you will engage in real-world career development opportunities to enhance your understanding of IT as a discipline. You will learn about the many roles and functions of the IT department, fundamentals of networking and security concepts, and programming elements such as variables, data types, flow control, and design concepts.
Earning this MicroBachelors program certificate will equip you with knowledge of highly relevant tools and techniques to prepare you for a variety of career options and opportunities in the field of IT. Then, build on this program certificate and continue your professional development by applying to one of many undergraduate degree programs in IT from Western Governor’s University.
- Learn to identify the basic concepts essential to network security
- Learn to examine basic computer programming elements such as describing steps of the software design process
- Learn to identify how technology contributes to the success of today’s businesses
- Learn the knowledge and skills necessary to understand how information technology systems convert data into organizational knowledge to aid in decision-making
Program Certificate & Credit Pathways:-
Program Certificate Requirement
Complete and pass the courses of Information Technology Foundations, Network and Security Foundations, and Scripting and Programming Foundations.
From Program Certificate to a Bachelor’s Degree
Learners who successfully earn the MicroBachelors Information Technology Career Framework program certificate are eligible to apply for an undergraduate IT program at a number of institutions, including Western Governors University. If accepted, the MicroBachelors program certificate may count towards the degree. Learn more about WGU undergraduate IT programs by clicking here.
Learners who successfully earn the MicroBachelors Information Technology Career Framework program certificate can choose to elect credit at no additional cost at either WGU or Thomas Edison State University (TESU).
Upon admission to WGU learners can apply 10 Competency Units (CUs) of program progress at no additional cost.
Learners who wish to elect credit at TESU will be awarded 3 credits towards a general elective.
In order to redeem your credits please refer to these step-by-step directions. Learn more about credit.
- The program will help you build a stronger understanding of the core IT disciplines of technology hardware and software, networking, and programming.
- This knowledge will provide a foundation for launching your IT career or if you are already working in the field of IT the courses will strengthen your foundation and provide a broad understanding of core IT disciplines.
- To further strengthen you career prospects consider utilizing this program as a launching pad to pursue a degree at WGU.
- This program will strengthen your application for IT Support/Helpdesk roles, as well as front-line network support, web scripting and business analysis.
Duration:- 6 months 9 – 10 hours per week Pre-discounted price.